This is an original WW I Officer's Record Book (for officer's below rank of major) documenting the holder's American Expeditionary Force (A.E.F.)
service in France.
- The officer was a First Lieutenant Chaplain as indicated by the first page.
- The second page is blank but would have indicated courses of instruction, promotions, and wounded date.
- The third page documents assignment with the:
- 339 FA at Fort Dodge IA in Aug 1918,
- 64th Coast Artillery Corps (which fought in France),
- 314th Infantry,
- and the 61st Infantry to April 1919.
- The forth page indicated the officer being mentioned in orders and awards presented.
- The final pages are for comments of the commanding officer.
- The final page has soom personal notes including the addresses of people in France.